Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Embellished with decorative trim

There is a color challenge at Embellish this week. with the added challenge of using decorative trim. I love the colors & the inspiration photo is lovely. Here's my take:

PTI cardstock- spring moss? chartreuse? I stamped images from Life in versamark, spring moss, chai, fresh snow & SU! old olive. I distressed the focal panel & then layered it onto the same color cardstock base. There's an avacado strip on the left side of the focal panel.


The flower I made using fabric & spellbinders. The button is die cut from a coaster & debossed with a PTI text plate. I inked it with old olive & chai.


The trim is May Arts crochet & satin leaves....


Here's the inspiration:


Thanks so much for stopping by- I'd love to hear what you think! (and for the record, blogger is adding wonky spaces to my posts- it's not me!!)

12 comments:

  1. WOW I LOVE LOVE your flower and this design is soooo beautiful!!!!!!! Lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty at its finest. I see a clean and simple card yet is has so many details and layers. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the vine! Thanks for joining Embellishes Decorative Trim Color Trends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is a wonderful. The colours and stamps are fresh like spring, just as the inspiration picture. I specially love your fabric flower.
    Bye Franka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower... and you'll have to teach me how to do that with the button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! Beautiful work Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! That textury flower is such a nice contrast to the satin ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Jen! I love that flower and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathtaking and stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me likey very VERY much!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful!! I love the flower you made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZER! This is gorgeous. I love the fabric flower!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!