Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 2012 PTI blog hop

Happy Holidays!
Wow, how crazy that it's that time already?
This month the PTI hop challenged us to be inspired by a book cover. Nothing popped into my head immediately, so I started browsing book covers! I almost chose the Secret Garden, but instead went with The Catcher In The Rye. It's been a long time since I read it, but I let the CAS design, clean font & gold inspire me.
 I used a glue pen to apply the gold embossing powder for the  border. The sentiment from Tree Trimming Trio is also embossed with gold powder.
Here's the cover:
 
I can hardly believe I've created something without ribbon! After you hop, make sure to stop by the May Arts blog to enter the Thanksgiving weekend giveaway! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by & happy hopping! :)

20 comments:

  1. **gasp**
    clean crisp and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with amy... love the bright red and the gold makes it perfect for the holiday thank you cards you're bound to need. Am too wondering where the ribbon is hidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your card is just amazing, so clean and bold. The gold embossing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I could make a few of these, I love how clean and simple it is, yet still packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just simply love red and gold together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! I knew exactly which cover you were "covering" right away, and you made a classic, dramatic but simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You not only captured the feel of the book cover, but you made an amazingly elegant cover. The gold embossing on the red is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS perfection. I love the gold on the red. (Good book, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pick! So clean and simple and your red card is beautiful! Great choice of book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. COOL! A classic card to match your classic cover! Love the gold embossing...not a speck out of place :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A classic beauty inspired by a true classic. Brilliant embossing work. Breathtaking actually. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a strikingly beautiful card. Sometimes the most simple is the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty...love the embossing..looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowza, Jen. Your execution is absolutely flawless. Me, in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very beautiful! A very classy elegant design!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!