Sunday, January 30, 2011

Color Inspiration for Card Makers: The Metallic Challenge

One more entry for the Color Inspiration Week of Challenges at Moxie Fab World! This one is the metallics:
Let me start by telling you how hard it is to get shimmer to show up in photos. At least it was for me! I tried light tent & natural light- here'a a bunch of pics & hopefully you can see it a little....

I used a Cricut cartridge (straight from the nest) to cut this filagree pattern, then glimmer misted over it onto shimmer white paper. Since the pink is shimmery too, the whole card has that look. The pink is lighter in person too. hmph.

The ribbon is May Arts Sheer/wrinkled edge- and it has a shimmer to it too.

I used a fiskars border punch along the bottom. I think this card would be lovely for lots of occasions, so I left the sentiment off...

Could you see the shimmer at all? ugh.
Head over to Moxie Fab world to see the other pretty metallic entries!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think!

8 comments:

  1. I can see the shimmer. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last photo shows the shimmer of your spectacular card quite nicely. So girly and feminine, a perfect match for this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ribbon is so perfect for this card. Love the shimmery effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your homemade stencil - so smart!! That crinkly ribbon is perfect with the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can see the shimmer! This is so elegant! I am so in love with this May Arts Ribbon! You are so lucky to play with it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen! Thanks for entering the Metallics Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!