Friday, July 8, 2011

Nautical thank you!

Today was Hadley's last day of swim lessons for this session & I wanted to give a little gift to her teacher. And when I saw the Embellish challenge this morning a design was quickly formed! I love it when a plan comes together (cue A-team music...).
I had misted this doily with light blue awhile ago, so it was dry & ready to go. I grabbed the PTI out to sea set & stamped the life ring in red, and the thank you from butterfly dreams in a darker blue. A little brown burlap string from May Arts wrapped around a glassine bag finished off the color trend...
Of course, I'm sure the teenage girl was more interested in the yummo chocolate chip cookies than the wrapping, but still....
Here's the story board:
Thanks for stopping by- looooots of time to play in this one (shocking, I'm not sneaking in at the last minute, like usual!!)- so get busy!

8 comments:

  1. Love what you've done here... and a totally perfect thank you. You're way ahead of schedule here, woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! My husband has the whole A-team series on DVD and I've never watched it ever-even when it was on TV. Anywho, your packaging is fantastic, love the brown and red together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is this thank you! I'll take one of those cookies please! :-) Love the twine...keep rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how cleaver are you!! Perfect packaging for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pefect gift packaging, Jen! Love that yummy twine to tie it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the different textures here! Makes it so contemporary and fresh. Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the nautical theme and the doily adds just the barest hint of feminine flair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty luv the added touch of the jute on the doily.
    I am inviting you to join our linking party this week at

    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
    Thank you so much for joining us every Wednesdays.
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!