Sunday, November 18, 2012

Giving Thanks

Hi there! I've got a banner to share that I made because I was inspired to! Yes, I've got lots of things I should be doing, but sometimes letting the creativity guide us is just what we need to feed our soul, right?
So here it is:
I used the awesome Spellbinders Nested Lacy Pennants Dies, hand cut burlap, and machine sewed it in place.
Next I cut my letters with the 'Child's Year' cricut cartridge on brown paper, then covered it with MS copper glitter. It looks so pretty with the May Arts silky crush in rust.
It's hanging in my entry, and will be in perfect view when we gather around the table with our family to celebrate Thanksgiving!
And luckily, I've managed to finish in time to play in the Moxie Fab World Canvas, Burlap & Cork challenge! Technically, I could play in the sewing challenge too, but since you really can't see the stitching, I guess it's not so innovative. hee. The theme at Ribbon Carousel is Fall/Giving Thanks- so I'd say this works perfectly for that! ;)
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous banner Jen!! And love love love the ribbon - yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this. The glitter against the burlap is yummy and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My soul should never be hungry....
    What an amazing banner from the colors to the glitter (good choice!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burlap and Glitter? AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!