Friday, October 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Karen: 2013 Edition!

Happy Birthday, Karen!!
Today we are celebrating an incredibly talented, kind & supportive friend! How lucky I feel to know her & be inspired by her constantly!
In honor of Karen we all used the Artful Delight Sketch and May Arts ribbon (I chose burlap string- burgundy & bittersweet- as she's mentioned it's one of her faves a few times!)
Cardstock is PTI vintage cream & pp is Cosmo Cricket. Tree stamp is PTI, sentiment is SSD- a company that Karen introduced me to!
SU!, fresh ink & memento inks.

How fun are the burlap blooms? I've used a brad to create them. A bit of stickles on the butterfly to even out the metallic!
Now it's time to keep the celebrating going! What makes birthdays even more fun?
Prizes of course!!
There will be 2 prizes for this celebration! One winner from the comments on the blog hop and another from those that go wish Karen a Happy Birthday! (and you were going to do that anyway!!!)
2 spools of May Arts ribbon to each winner!
Here's the list- happy hopping! And Happy Birthday, Karen!
 
Karen’s Birthday Hop!



Jen Shears- you're here!


 

30 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Love those burlap blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELIGHTFUL card - love the pretty colours and layers AND your GORGEOUS burlap blooms!!!
    What a beautiful way to help celebrate Karen's birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute--I like the burlap blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burlap string blooms. Great new idea for me. Love it! Karen will be so happy that her friends are honoring her today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! I love the blooms and the colors chosen are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fall feel to this card, woo hoo for a virtual party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm....I love that color combo and your card too! of course, burlap string is my favorite! Have you seen the new gold color?! Thank you so much for this blog hop today and the kind words, and I have to say most of all for your support and friendship these past couple of months. What a fabulous friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this LO and how you used the twine as flowers! So clever! Love May Arts Ribbon and twine!! It's THE ONLY ribbon I use!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card and a great sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cheerful and pretty, Jen! Love the happy colors of burlap string!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous color and I love the burlap twine, just perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent interpretation of the sketch. Love the burlap twine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketch! Love that burlap string!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the burlap flowers! I never would have thought to do that, silly me. Great choice of colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea using the twine to make the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - love the colors and the patterns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card. I love the burlap blooms. Happy Birthday to Karen..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card you created for the blog hop. Those little flowers you made are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card. It really shows fall in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful card! Love that you used the burlap ribbon to make the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute, love those burlap blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty. Pretty papers and those loopy burlap blooms are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic card! I love the handmade flowers, colors and flower paper. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty! Happy Birthday, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Fall color combo and your card too! The burlap flowers rock! Burlap string is one of my favorites!I want to collect more! Thank you so much for the blog hop and all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love what you did with the burlap string!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!