Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 2016 PTI Blog Hop & MIM #265: Layered Dry Brushing

 Playing along with the MIM challenge as well as the PTI Blog Hop!
Here's my take:


I thought the background was well suited for the dry brushing technique- I used a gray and orange acrylic paint with two different sized brushes for the background. 
Once it was dry I pulled out Mum's the Word, Life & Graceful Greetings. They are stamped with a combination of distress ink & zig markers & brushed with a wet brush. The sentiment was also stamped with the zig marker and then topped with smokey shadow ink.
A few gold sequins finish it off!
Here's the gorgeous inspiration:


Off to work on book fair set up details- looking forward to hopping tonight!

11 comments:

  1. Love this, I didn't have any paint, so I might skip this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. What a way to put your ziggies to work. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love your dry brushing background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of gorgeous inspiration, your card is wonderful, Jen! Lovely dry brushing, and love the other techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card!! Mum's the Word stamp set is so awesome...and you have used it beautifully for your card! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card, love the blending on the flowers! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is brilliant! Love it so much! And the orange mums are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Excellent design and background technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is stunning! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I'm totally in love with this card and wish that I had made it. :) Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!