Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Heart Desires Challenge 8

Today is the start of Challenge #8 at The Heart Desires
So much fun inspiration to choose from- here's my take:


I've used the beautiful Concord & 9th Wildflower set along with turquoise Brusho after being inspired by the lower left image. I heat embossed the flowers with white powder and then added the brushos. Such a pretty, if somewhat unpredictable, effect. After it was dry I flicked some yellow acrylic paint as well as adding dots of it to the flower centers to bring in more of the challenge colors. I cut the focal panel with a Gina Marie scalloped stitched rectangle die, then added to a navy panel.
Here's the inspiration- you've got all month to play and so many elements to be inspired by!! Hope that you will join us!


6 comments:

  1. Woah! Such a strikingly beautiful card! Perfect technique choice. Love your new header too. I bet you took that gorgeous photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner, Jen ... one of my current favourite sets, so beautifully showcased in white against that gorgeous brusho background! Thanks so much for coming by for a visit ... and for your sweet words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super wow. Love your take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come by expecting blueberries =] SO loving these gorgeous blooms - you have had such success with those Brushos, Jen ... truly beautiful card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner Jen! I love being on the team with you and seeing your inspiring designs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!