Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Karen!

Welcome to Karen's virtual birthday party!! If you're hopping in order you've come from Laurel's fabulous celebration!
I've been following Karen's beautiful work for as long as I can remember- her cards are always so creative, and her words are an added treat.
I thought it would be fun to bring a bouquet of flowers....
And then I used one on Karen's birthday card! :D
Karen is the mist queen, and I wanted to incorporate some mist in some way, so I've misted the May Arts webbed weave ribbon with Tattered Angels Mallard mist. The card base is PTI aqua mist, I've heat embossed with white powder over PTI text. There's that material I love, but can't remember what it's called (thicker than muslin, lighter than linen) that is machine stitched in place. A handcut banner with PTI embellishment sentiment- because I believe celebrating a friend's birthday IS a special occasion!
I feel like there's a lot of texture on this card, so I'll add it to the Moxie Fab World textured to perfection challenge!
Thank you to our fabulous Hostess, Erin!!!
Next stop is Dana! Make sure you make it to the birthday girl's blog to wish her a Happy Birthday!!! (If you didn't start at Erin's head back there so you don't miss any of the festivities!)
CHEERS!



                                 Jen   <-------that's me!
Dana 
Lynn 
Amy 
Lisa 
Lynn 

Karen's, birthday girl's blog,

27 comments:

  1. so very charming, jen! beautiful flowers:) i think your fabric is osnaburg--i love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, those flowers are incredible. Truly. And the card is so, so pretty, perfect for Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card...that flower is so pretty..
    and..
    Happy Birthday to Karen..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at those flowers-- and what a perfect gift, the flowers that never wilt :) Thank you so much for joining in on the birthday fun, I've got my wine glass ready for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous. Love the flower, the canvas and that webbed ribbon! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers/card!! Very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen! What a gorgeous flower and card! Karen would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those flowers are gorgeous, Jen! Wow! I love that you also used one on the card. The mix of textures is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous flower and card. Love the texture of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So GORGEOUS Jen. I love every single detail. The flower steals the show tho!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen really is a lucky gal with these beautiful flowers! The coordinating card is fabby!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so very Karen, love the natural tones and of course that gorgeous flower :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning flower on a beautiful card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Jen,


    I like the card you created that was in one of the cricut card making books.


    The card is in the colors of teal and there is a bird from the cartridge straight from the nest , ribbon that has Happy Anniversary on it and layers of scallops some of those layers being from an old book.

    I really like the scallops and would like to know what cricut cartridge you used to cut them?

    If you would take the time to let me know I would really appreciate it. The email to best reach me at is sasteiner@live.com.

    Thank you,


    Jackie Swartz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Jen, are those ever gorgeous! Textured to perfect doesn't even describe it! So pretty in white. Your card with the misting, well, that is fabulous too! Love the bright white with the teal and the distressing happening too. Thank you for joining in on the virtual party for me, you all really know how to make a gal feel downright special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OHHH! What a gorgeous card---and those flowers are super BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the texture and your misting!!! LOOOOVE:) Happy birthday to Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those flowers are OUTRAGEOUSLY beautiful! Holy wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Those flowers are beautiful! Love the organic feel of your stunning card Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those flowers are DD Gorgeous!! Love the pins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. BEAUTIFUL flowers!! And your card is just GORGEOUS! LOVE all of the texture and your soft color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving the flowers, and your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always love your flower Jen!! They are so pretty!! Your card is gorgeous and so sweet to incorporate so many things that she likes into your card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your flowers get more and more beautiful!! It is hard to make white ones without any scorching - perfect job!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. STUNNING! That bouquet is amazing. You make the most beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!