Sunday, November 7, 2010

Another market bag....

I was trying to find something that I hadn't shared with you (that doesn't have damask- HA!) & found this! This was a market bag I made for the May Arts booth at the International Quilt festival. It was last weekend & a little birdie told me they will be sharing pics of it on the May Arts blog soon! :D

I know Michelle loves the color! LOL!

Aren't those ribbons just yummy? That's the ivory satin pleats, with the ivory velvet ric rac sewn over the middle. Yep, I said velvet ric rac. It's A-MAZ-ING.
I used the satin/grosgrain double band for the straps. It's so pretty!!!

Hope you had a great weekend!!! Thanks for stopping by! :D

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jen this is so cool! I need to learn to sew so bad!!! Beautiful May Arts goodness too! I love MA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pleated ribbon is precious. And your bag is too. Love the melony shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fabulous use of the ribbon, I really like the layered look. And the bag IS a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may need to keep your neighbor's sewing machine!! This bag is great - the only thing that would make it better is if it were a pretty shade of brown!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!