Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PDCC #56, EBTKS #27

I combined a couple of great challenges this go-round....
Don't you just LOVE this inspiration pic from PDCC?

Thought this sketch was pretty fun too:

And here's what I came up with:

Cardstock is creative memories, ribbon is May Arts, felt is from Joanns. I used spellbinders bird for my diecut, and a sentiment from PTI round & round in versamark (it doesn't show well in the pic though! It says 'with gratitude')

Let me just admit this is NOT how I envisioned it. I'd already cut the slits for the ribbon before I realized they wouldn't work, so had to improvise & cut a few more, which threw all of the spacing off. grr.
On a lighter note- this little guy LOVES the snow!!! It's hilarious! If you throw him a snowball he pounces on it & digs around with his muzzle....


And this little person was not the least bit deterred when I told her we needed to wait a bit to go play in the snow, since it was only 10 degrees! She immediately brought an idea for a craft to work on- and who am I to say no to crafting?! :D
Here she is hard at work:
We just came in from me pulling her around the snow/ice covered neighborhood on her sled. It's amazing I'm still alive- thought I'd give myself a heart attack for sure! But since I clearly burned extra calories today, I'll feel JUST FINE making up for them on Thanksgiving!!!!
Counting my blessings....

9 comments:

  1. I love the way the bird looks. Birds in the winder are all puffed up. The felt makes him look almost 'puffy'. Really pretty.
    It's hard to believe dogs can up their noses in the snow like that. To cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, and great colors for the holiday. Your pup is too dang cute, looks like he has a lot of fun. And super neat to see your daughter hard at work, I'm sure her creation is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Hadley ....you are so cute and your craft project looks so fun! Tell your mommy I think she's pretty great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing at EBTKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving how you used that ribbon! FUN idea:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!! We appreciate and love our players:}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that felt bird! I just ordered some wool felt from PTI and I can't wait to use it!
    I wish we had snow too! But we have lots of rain, which makes for a cozy day at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and fun card and what an adorable pup with such beautiful snow! brr!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, fun dog, cuter child! Sounds and looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!