Saturday, August 21, 2010

EBTKS #21

I'm finally getting a chance to play along again with EBTKS!! It's sketch challenge time:

So here's my take:

I turned the sketch on it's side... then got busy. I really wanted to use the misted doily I'd made during my last post, and some ruffled aqua ribbon- but I couldn't make it work. Fiddlesticks.
So I moved on, and picked an image that I though my niece would like- I have twin girl nieces that turn 8 tomorrow (Happy Birthday Sydney & Emma!!!).
I stamped in Versafine black on PTI white, paper pieced using Cosmo Cricket's Earth love 6x6, & colored with ink & prismacolor pencils. I'd machine sewn a random circle on the pp & attached some crinkled seam binding that I'd dyed with glimmer mist. Then I attached the little rhinestone to the wand, applied white acrylic paint to the heart in her hair & on her belt (I used black glaze pen on her belt), and threw some shadows on her dress.

I stamped her wings on vellum & heat embossed, cut out & applied crystal stickles to the wings as well as the wand. I then stamped the sentiment in PTI chai ink over & over again- since I really do hope they both have a magical day tomorrow!
You've got a little more time to play along with EBTKS- so get busy!!!
Thanks for stopping by- you know I'd love to hear what you think!!! :D

12 comments:

  1. oh this is just super-cute!! I'm sure your niece/s will love it. The colours and perfect, and the touch of glitter is the icing on the cake. So beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, how very cute! That image is precious. Love the color combination and the scallops (the small in the paper and the large created by the ruffles). Great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - the way you incorporated the circle from the sketch by your sewing on the card is nothing short of genius!! Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love how you added the binding along the curve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Jen! The seam binding gives it a sweet vintage touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a sweet card! I love your ribbon and your colors! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww how sweet! I love that image and the soft colors are perfect! I have twin nieces too and they just turned 5! :) Thank you for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely darling! Love the paper pieced dress and the Pure Innocence images are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Love how you turned it on its side. Congrats on your domestic diva status! (And thanks for the comment on my blog, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet! I love the colors. All the details are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!