Sunday, August 15, 2010

i {heart} u...

Hi there!!! Long time no blog- you'd think I got a puppy or something!?! :)
Finally back with something crafty- I know you've had enough non-craftiness out of me!
I've put my Pink Paislee queen bee paper to work here... It's so pretty on it's own! I also got out my Practicing Creativity 'key to my heart' stamps.

I stamped the heart on red cardstock with versamark & embossed with UTEE, then cut it out. I then popped it up between the i & u which had been stamped with PTI fresh snow ink. I cut a narrow piece of the dotted paper & pleated it, then machine stitched it in place.

I used my MS doily punch on more red cardstock along the bottom.
I used some red heart brads (from Joanns I think) to bring it all together.
I would like to thank all of you that were so sweet & went over to May Arts to leave a comment for me there!! I know how busy we ALL are- I really appreciate that several of you did that for me!!! So this one's for all the folks that swing by my little corner of blogland... i {heart} u! :)
I'm entering this in the Wee Memories Challenge #18 (thanks Erin!!)!
Thanks so much for stopping by- I'd LOVE to hear what you think!!!

15 comments:

  1. fun, I like the brads (you should enter it in Wee Memories brad challenge this week), and the red really does stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! I keep meaning to try out the pleating/sewing!! You are inspiring me! Say Hola to your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is fantastic. I love how you've paired the grey Queen Bee papers with the pops of red. And I love the extra dimension those hearts give it too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the pleating! thanks for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I really like to colors. I'm not usually one to touch my sewing mackine *giggle* but you may have finally inspired me to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love that paper and that sentiment ;) that heart is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I am going to scrap-lift this color combo! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us over at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the paper pleating here and the pop, of red is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool ribbon treatment. Love the tailored look. Thanks for the sweet congrats on my May Arts blog win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how the red brings a lot of sophistication to this cute little number. I love how it just pops off the card and directs your eye throughout the piece-an amazing thing considering the size of your canvas! Congrats on your fab four over at wee memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. +++I am not sure if my previous comment posted or not so I will give it another go++++
    LOVE this! Very classy & fun...those red hearts are brilliant!! :) :)
    thanks for linking up!
    Hugs,
    Maren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the pleating and terrific colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK. I love the gathered/sewn paper edge. Can you show me how please? I would appreciate it! Love, Tanya

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!