Friday, August 20, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #43

This is the first time I've played along with The Play Date Cafe. My friend, Michelle, plays a lot, so I thought I'd go check it out. And check out this inspiration photo:

Is that gorgeous, or what?!
So here's what I came up with:
I glimmer misted (key lime pie) some PTI white cardstock, using a doily as a mask. I have to say, I loved it just like that! I punched some butterflies (MS & PTI die) out of PTI aqua mist, and stamped the large butterfly with PTI butterfly dreams using SU! garden green.

The sentiment is also in garden green ink. I added some diamond stickles to the large butterfly & litte tiny rhinestones (Ben Franklin's) to the smaller butterlies. The large one is popped up for more dimension.
One more of the ribbon- it's crinkled seam binding that I dyed- and I think it's a little bit of heaven! :)
I really wish you could see the sparkle- in real life the whole card shimmers....
And because I haven't posted an update of the puppy:
He's adjusting quite well!
So go check out PDCC43- you have a few days to play along!
Thanks so much for stopping by- I'd love to hear what you think!

21 comments:

  1. So happy you joined us at the PDCC! Wonderful use of this weeks colors, great use of the doily and glimmer mist! Hope you'll join us again at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love how you used the doily as a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so stunning! I'm sighing over its beauty!! PLUS your crinkle ribbon is divine! Did you make it yourself - someday I'm gonna do that! THANKS so much for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love my glimmer mist and you used it so beautifully on your card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC. That puppy is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to use your glimmer mist. I love doileys on cards, they look gorgeous! Your ribbon looks fab too.

    Your little puppy looks adorable! They are such hard work, but SO worth it in the end! Hope you're having fun with him!

    Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I think?

    #1 I think Cosmo is just the cutest guy. Love the picture of him in the grass. Give him a pat on the head for me.

    #2 Love the inspiration picture! So refreshing.

    #3 You rocked the challenge!! Love every element of your design. I have not used the Glimmer Mist directly on the card base, but I will now. And where do you get that yummy ribbon and what did you dye it with? I think we should have a little tutorial on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card! Love the doily...and the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this card makes my heart putter it is so beautiful! Love the mist and the doily image and that ribbon, wow! What an adorable little puppy too, full of life he looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowsers! How did I miss this? Not only do I love the fact that you misted over a doily (and it turned out so well!) but I love the colours, and I adore the crinkled and dyed seam binding. I'm really wanting to try this technique now! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FIRST off--that doily mask is FAB FAB FAB! I love it! I also love that ribbon! You rocked this challenge:) LOVE IT ALL!

    Second of all--that pup just looks so adorable! I just want to hug it and kiss it and play with it:) LOVE it!

    Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just passing by... I love your card expecially the ribbon. So pretty!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous, Jen! Love that you used a doily as a mask.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made FAB 4!!! Not surprising in the least cause this is one beautiful card!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations! absolutely fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really gorgeous, love that masked look with the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning! Love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cosmo! I'm so happy I finally got to meet you! I love the dark features on your face! What a sweet Thing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your crinkle ribbon is to die for! it's perfect. I posted a blog post how I made mine, but yours put's mine to shame for sure! anyway you can visit my blog and let me know your secrets??? I enjoyed your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!