Monday, September 6, 2010

Embellish & Practicing Creativity Sketch Challenge

Here's Embellish's current challege:
And Practicing Creativity has a sketch challenge going- I used Karen's for this card.
And here's my take!
I used Practiing Creativity's key to my heart stamps for the argyle- versafine black & versamark with clear embossing on the purple squares. PTI cardstock & sentiment (enjoy the ride). May Arts black burlap twine.
You may be wondering about the purple squares (or maybe you're not, but I'm going to bore you with it anyway!). They are a paint chip! Hadley & I were in the paint section & she asked if she could pick one up- and at first I was going to say 'no, we don't need those'- and then I spied the purple & the embellish challenge popped into my head!! So we grabbed a couple!

I love the way the embossing looks on them!

There's still more time to play with both challenges- so go check them out! Also- they are introducing the May Arts blog team- and there's already a tutorial by one of my talented team mates, another great place to stop for inspiration!
Thanks so much for stopping by- I'd love to hear what you think!!!

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I do love how they look embossed! Thanks for playing Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an eye our girls already have for fun things! Ava also loves the paint chips. Great idea Hadley and cool card Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, combining challenges, stealing freebies, and corrupting the youngin... WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um wow. I really enjoy the way this technique looks. Your layout is fantastic and the embossing-super cool. Love everything about it! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, aren't you smart!? I have a whole binder of those paint chip thingies. Hmmm...

    Purple and green are one of most fave color palettes. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband is a painter and I've never swiped free paint chips (slapping head in frustration)! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the kind congrats, Jen! I LOVE what you've done here with the squares and diamonds and the gradient color strip on this card. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, Jen! I love the gradient purples and the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you used paint-chips! And the clear embossing looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those paint chips are so cool! And you know for sure that your squares are color coordinated. The embossing is such a wonderful detail. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, love the embossing on the squares! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to come by- and your comments make my day! Thank you!!